alawrence

I'm hoping to get to see most of you in person soon, for those who I haven't had the opportunity to meet yet, I'm Alexis Lawrence, the Adult Services Librarian at Wood Library. I'm really excited about this online book discussion forum and having the opportunity to talk with members of the community here. I appreciate your commitment to Wood Library, and thank you for stopping by!

This is currently my first month here at Wood Library and although I am unable to see many of you physically, I love that we have this opportunity to still communicate through this online discussion group. Prior to working at Wood Library I used to be an Adult Librarian with the Monroe County Library System.  I have been lucky enough to work with some amazing people, and I have some interesting ideas planned so stay on the lookout for more to come at Wood Library!

Here is a little information about myself: 

Favorite Author/book: 

I love reading any and everything. So I don’t have a particular favorite my reading selection depends on my moods. I have just finished reading a psychological thriller called The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen. Prior to that I completed Joanne Fluke’s Coconut Layer Cake murder (A Hannah Swensen Mystery). 

Hobbies: 

I'm really into baking. I love trying out new recipes and have even practiced a few from Joanne Fluke's book. I also crochet, and knit. I am into physical fitness and staying healthy. 

Three Words to Describe my Personality:

Optimistic, Friendly, and Diligent

Do I have any pets:

So for many who have not already met me, I have a severe pet allergy so unfortunately I do not own any pets. 

Sports:

I am a Buffalo Bills fan! We did extremely well this year and I am so proud of the improvements the team has made and can't wait for the 2020 season!! 

Favorite TV Programs:

I don't get to watch much TV due to a lack of cable. I do enjoy watching The Walking Dead with my Dad, it's our go to TV show on Sunday nights we compare thoughts. I like Nailed It on Netflix, and I am very fond of daytime soap opera my two favorites are (General Hospital and The Bold and the Beautiful). 

Favorite Movies: 

So my kids (nieces and nephews) and I are really into horror movies. So I love to watch a good scary movie. I also love old films, I am a huge Rock Hudson/Doris Day fan. I like anything Marvel at the moment. I take the kids to a lot of Disney/Marvel movies.

What do you like most about Yourself:

I like that I am optimistic, and that I try to look for the bright side of every situation because I feel like everyone and everything has it. 

Quote 0 0
Judi C
Welcome☺   I will enjoy sharing books with you. I am reading Educated by Tara Westover now.
Quote 0 0
alawrence
Thank you Judi.😊 I look forward in hearing what you might be reading, they all sound like interesting titles and hope that I can provide you with a few interesting selections as well. Wood Library has an adult book discussion group that will be discussing Educated on the online discussion forum. Please feel free to post your thoughts of the book in that section if you like, I would love get your opinion of her work. If you know of anyone else that might be interested in joining the online discussion forum please don't hesitate to invite them. 
Quote 0 0
Judi C
So far I like Tara westover's writing style. She's a very fluid writer and it's not easy to put the book down. She's very descriptive in the events that she remembers.
Quote 0 0
alawrence
Thank you for your insight into her writing style so far. I know you mentioned that you attempted to post in the Adult book discussion forum, which should be open if you would like to post in that section. I forgot that it was locked previously. 
Quote 0 0