alawrence
What Fiction titles Are you reading for the Month of March??.
Quote 0 0
akacharise
alawrence wrote:
What Fiction titles Are you reading for the Month of March??.
Quote 0 0
akacharise
I am reading an Elly Griffiths novel about archaeologist Ruth Galloway, The Woman in Blue. I also checked out the book after this one, The Chalk Pit. A recent read The Tattooist of Auschwitz is riveting since the author, Heather Morris, based it on her conversations with the actual tattooist Lale (forgot last name). A mix of fact and fiction, but definitely a page turner. The sequel, Cilka's Journey, is not quite as good. Again, Cilka was a survivor who then spent 15 years in Siberia in the gulag for war crimes.
Quote 1 0
alawrence
I have not had the opportunity to read The Tattooist of Auschwitz although I heard that it was a great book written by Heather Morris, and based on your own recommendations and readings it sounds like it should be something on my must read list. I am always hesitant about sequels as I fear they never really live up to what made their first novel so compelling. It's one of the reasons I have shied away from reading Margaret Atwood's sequel to A Handmaid's tale, The Testaments. It's an interesting perspective on societal view of women and I currently like to draw comparisons on how that looks within moderns times today.
Quote 0 0