Judi C
I read his book "Walk In The Woods" a few years ago and read it again this summer. It is a delightful book about him and a friend hiking the Applacian Trail. I like his writing style so much, I looked up to see what other books he has written. He has written 19 books. I am currently reading "The Road To Little Dribbling"  It is a delightful book. He visits places in England he had not previously been to,with a couple of exceptions. It is a very interesting book, full of interesting historical facts and lots of humorous stories. His books are available at Wood library.
Quote 0 0
akacharise
I read my first Bill Bryson while working at the Primary School. Our principal, a voracious reader, recommended it for our PS book club. It was definitely laughing out loud funny. His writing was so vivid that I could picture the two men in their totally inappropriate hiking clothing. I never saw the movie, Bryson's characterization was good enough for me!
Very few books nowadays are laughing out loud funny, but one I would recommend it Anna Quindlen's memoir, Lots of Candles, Plenty of Cake, perfect for women who grew up in the 60s.
Quote 0 0
Judi C
Then you would enjoy "The Road to Dribbling"It is full of humorus stories.
Quote 0 0